- 1 lbs. chicken pieces
- 48 oz tomato juice
- 1 can whole mushrooms
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 green pepper
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 onion
- 1 large can tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic – finely chopped
- Spices – see below
- Brown chicken – remove to Dutch oven.
- Add mushrooms, pepper, onion to pan with a little water and sauté briefly.
- Add to chicken. Add all remaining ingredients and simmer for 2 hours.
- Spice generously – chili power, cumin, old bay, thyme, parsley, coriander, oregano, salt and pepper. Use your own taste favorites here.
Note: Add celery and/or green beans for variation.