- ½ C. dry quinoa
- 2 C. vegetable broth
- 1 can garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed) or 2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 avocados diced
2 C. spinach
- 1 bunch cilantro (or parsley)
- ¼ C. onion
- 2 small cloves garlic
- Juice of 2 lemons
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. agave nectar
- ½ tsp. cumin
- dash of salt and pepper
- Make your quinoa first. Soak the quinoa in a pot in the veggie broth for about 15 minutes. After that, turn on the heat to medium high and let the quinoa come to a boil. Once it boils, reduce heat to medium/low and let quinoa simmer. Stir every so often, and cook quinoa for about 20-25 minutes just until the liquid absorbs. It’s ok if there is a little liquid left at the bottom. Set it aside, and make the rest of the salad.
- In a food processor, add your spinach and cilantro.
- Process the greens until they are finely diced.
- Add the greens to a bowl, and set aside. Dice onion and garlic and add to the greens mixture. Next add your chickpeas/chicken and stir until everything is combined and coated. If the quinoa is cooled, you can add it to the chickpea mixture next.
- Make your dressing by whisking all the ingredients together. Pour over salad, and mix until combined. Add in tomatoes and avocado and mix. Set in fridge for about 10-15 minutes before serving so the flavors set.