From Tante Dayle
- 1 – 3 to 4 lb chicken
- 2 lemons, quartered
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 Tbsp dried or fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- Sprinkle salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350oF.
- Fill cavity of chicken with lemons, 2 cloves of garlic and the thyme sprigs.
- Lift the skin of the chicken and gently place lemon slices underneath.
- Rub butter over outside and season with thyme, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in a baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake covered for an hour.
- Remove foil and bake for another ½ hour.
- Baste regularly.
- Cooking times will vary depending on the oven and size of the chicken.
- If you can pull the wings of easily and the juices run clear when pierced with a fork it should be cooked.