- 2 lbs extra lean ground meat (turkey, chicken or beef)
- Small head of cabbage, chopped
- 3 onions chopped
- 2 green peppers chopped
- 2 cups basmati brown rice
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 28oz cans diced tomatoes
- Canned tomato sauce
- Brown meat well and drain.
- Combine all ingredients in a large roaster (turkey size with cover), cover and bake at 325o-350 o for 3-4 hrs.
- Stir occasionally and if it appears to be getting dry, add tomato sauce or water.
Recipe is adaptable, add whatever you have on hand!
Makes a large amount that freezes well.