- 1 cup Thick nut milk or seed milk
- 1-2 Tbsp. Unbleached white, kamut or rice flour (I use oat)
- 1 Tbsp. Arrowroot powder (tapioca or potato starch)
- 2 tsp Natural light oil
- Several dashes cayenne pepper and sea salt to taste
- Beat all ingredients together with a wire whisk.
- Stir the mixture over medium high heat until it thickens into desired consistency.
- Remove from heat at once to prevent further thickening. Serve hot.
Try the following variations and create your own new ones. Serve the sauce fresh and hot over steamed or baked vegetables or pasta. Keeps 2-4 days refrigerated.
- Add cumin, curry powder and turmeric
- Add sautéed sliced mushrooms or onions
Add chopped chives or green onions