1 ¼ cups gluten free rice, bread, or all purpose flour
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp each GF baking powder and soda
½ tsp salt
2 ripe bananas, mashed
½ cup sour cream or yogurt (dairy free works)
½ cup unsalted butter or earth balance
½ cup coconut sugar
2 large eggs
1 tbsp instant coffee dissolved in 1 tbsp hot water (optional)
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350oF. Grease and flour a springform or Bundt pan.
- Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and powder and salt in the first bowl. In second bowl stir together banana and sour cream. In third larger bowl (electric mixer bowl if you have one) beat together butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in coffee mixture and vanilla. Beat in slowly the flour mixture in batches alternating with batches of the banana mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan, leveling off the batter.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until cake pulls away from the side of the pan and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Place on cooling rack, leave for 10 minutes and invert or pull away the sides of the springform pan to cool completely.